Skip to content
 

Los hijos de la burguesía estudiaban aquí. Proletarios y campesinos son quienes estudian aquí ahora.

Número de Cartel: PP 057
Información sobre el cartel: The Red Army developed a network of military schools, military academies and command courses during the Russian Civil War. In February 1918, accelerated artillery courses were organized in Petrograd [St. Petersburg] as well as in Moscow and other cities. The majestic building on the poster may allude to the actual one used by the command course for the 1st Soviet Artillery of Petrograd in 1918. “Officer’s Command Course” is the sign above the building's columns. At the center of this poster is a hammer and plow symbol for the Red Army. This was a symbol approved on April 19, 1918 and it was replaced by the hammer and sickle in August 1918.
Tamaño: 47x31.5
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph
Fecha de publicación: c.1919
Fuentes: Soviet Posters of the era of the Civil War 1918-1921 by B. S. Butnik-Siverskii (1960), page 308, poster 1650
Información en el catálogo: PP 057 Education & Literacy
Artista: S.Ia. — С.Я.
Imprenta: Redizdat (Editorial and Publishing Department) — Редиздат (Редакционно-издательский отдел)
Redizdat (Editorial and Publishing Department) was established in 1921 by a decision of the Third Congress of the Communist International. It reported to the secretariat of the International’s Executive Committee. Redizdat was created to establish printing and publishing outlets in Soviet-controlled zones during the Russian Civil War. For example, the Ukrainian branch of Redizdat in concert with Narkomvoen (People's Commissariat for Military Affairs) printed over six million propaganda leaflets. By 1935, Redizdat was dissolved. In 1937, the en...
Leer más...