Translation: The Red Army is the Faithful Guard of the Country of Soviets!
Poster Number: PP 324
Artist: Ganf (Iang), Iosif Abramovich — Ганф (Янг), Иосиф Абрамович
Poster Notes: The artillery piece seen on this poster resembles the Russian 122-mm Howitzer M1910/30.
Media Size: 28.5x21
Poster Type: Lithograph
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic) 15th Lithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Mashistov)
Printer Notes: The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914), founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His company printed magazines, historical books and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop because it was a contract printer for the MGSNKh.
Publisher: IzoGiz (State Publishing House of Fine Art), Moscow-Leningrad
Publishing Date: 1930
Publisher Notes: Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".
Technical Information on Poster: Izogiz No. 136. R. 36. Society For Defense, Aviation And Chemical Construction - Support of Peaceful Labor and Defense of the USSR. Price 25 kopeks.
Print Run: 40,000
Catalog Notes: PP 324 Military