Strengthen unity in the battle against imperialism!

Poster Number: PP 273
Category: Cold War
Media Size: 45x31
Poster Type: Lithograph and Offset
Publishing Date: 1968
Editorial Information: Editor O. Ivashchenko.
Technical Information on Poster: May 27, 1968. Publication No. 1-657. Volume 1 sheet of paper. Order No. 6…6. Price 10 kopeks. 8-2-2/68
Glavlit Directory Number: A06374
Catalog Notes: PP 273 Cold War
Artist: Briskin, Veniamin Markovich — Брискин, Вениамин Маркович
Veniamin Briskin studied at the Kharkov Institute of Fine Arts from 1921 to 1925.  During his training, Briskin specialized in book illustration and poster design. Moving to Moscow in 1932, he worked for the satirical journal Krokodil  [Crocodile] until 1933. In 1934, he began his life-long tenure at the Soviet newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda [Komsomol Truth] and in 1956, he joined the artistic staff of the leading Soviet newspaper, Pravda [Truth], where he produced caricatures and illustrations. Briskin illustrated a myriad of...
Read More...
Printer: Kalinin City Poligrafkombinat of Glavpoligrafprom — Калининский полиграфический комбинат Главполиграфпрома
The Kalinin Poligrafkombinat was located at 5 Lenin Avenue (formerly Voroshilov Street) in Kalinin (now Tver), a city northwest of Moscow. Throughout its existence, the name of this printing plant changed depending on the various state-owned trusts that handled its management. During the mid-1950s into the 1970s, the plant was under the management of Glavpoligrafprom (Main Directorate of the Printing Industry). Poligrafkombinat is the portmanteau for the English word, printing plant.
Read More...
Publisher: Sovetskii Khudozhnik (Soviet Artist), Moscow — Советский художник, Москва
Sovetskii Khudozhnik (Soviet Artist) was a publishing house that chiefly served the Artists’ Union of the USSR. The house was founded in Moscow in 1963 during a period of reorganization within the state publishing sector. Sovetskii Khudozhnik turned out albums, art reproductions, postcards and art books, catalogs, brochures and, posters. It also produced illustrated monographs on contemporary artists and collections. In the early 1990s, it was renamed Galart Publishing House.
Read More...