The proletariat of a great country, the avant-garde of the building of the world revolutionary professional movement.

Poster Number: PP 699
Category: Revolution
Poster Notes: Poster is in Russian and English with another unidentified language. The Profintern is the Red International of Labor Unions, a world-wide organization established by the Communist International to carry-out Communist aims within trade unions. By the 1937, the Profintern was phased out when the "Popular Front" came of age as a new Leftist-leaning international organization. [On flag near top of poster] Workers of all Countries, Unite! 10 Years of PROFINTERN!
Media Size: 42x30
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: 1932
Technical Information on Poster: Order A.Kh.R. No. P 2066.
Glavlit Directory Number: 68414
Catalog Notes: PP 699 Revolution
Artist: Korobov, Alexander Alexeevich — Коробов, Александр Алексеевич
Aleksandr Alekseevich Korobov attended secondary school and drawing classes in Dorogobuzh, Smolensk Oblast. In 1923, he moved to the city of Smolensk and continued his studies at the Ministry of Public Education’s IZO (Fine Arts) studio. To earn money, he worked as a staff artist at a regional newspaper and taught drawing at a middle school. From 1925 to 1930, Korobov studied at the Moscow branch of VKhUTEIN [Higher State Artistic and Technical Institute]. While a student th...
Read More...
Artist: Anderson, Voldemar Petrovich (Anders, Vladimir) — Андерсон, Вольдемар Петрович (Андерс, Владимир)
Woldemar Petrovich Anderson was born into a working class family in Latvia. Early in life, he was enrolled in the Riga School of Painters and Decorators in 1910 but halted his education due to the outbreak of the First World War. From 1917 to 1922, he served with the 7th Latvian Rifle Regiment under the auspices of the Red Army during the Russian Civil War. Following the war, he moved to the USSR where he was a representative ...
Read More...
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic), Moscow — Мосполиграф, Москва
Mospoligraf was a state-owned printing trust located in Moscow. When the Soviet Union formulated a plan in 1921 to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operators into state-owned trusts; Mospoligraf was organized in 1922 to carry out consolidation of the Moscow printing industry. With a staff of over two thousand, Mospoligraf was the second-largest printing trust organized in Moscow outside of the Mospechat’ trust, and it oversaw a myriad of houses under local printing sections such...
Read More...
Publisher: A.Kh.R. (Association of Artists of the Revolution) — А.Х.Р (Ассоциация Художников Революции)
The Association of Artists of the Revolution was an artist cooperative from 1928 to 1932. From 1922-1928 it was called the Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia. During the 1920s, the Association rose to prominence in the Soviet art world. It opened branches throughout the USSR, and it operated its own publishing house in Moscow at 25 Tsvetnoi Boulevard. The Association was abolished in 1932 when the government centralized a majority of independent arts organizations in the USSR.
Read More...