State Publishing House, RSFSR
In May 1919, the All-Russian Central Executive Committee created the State Publishing House of the RSFSR (Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic), Moscow. The origins of the State Publishing House go back to St. Petersburg when it served as the Royal Print Yard in Imperial Russia. The Soviets nationalized the print yard in 1917 and requisitioned its presses. Out of the requisitioning emerged the Publishing House of the Petrograd Soviet, formed in the winter of 1917 by the Literary and Publishing Department of People's Commissariat for Education. The State Publishing House, Moscow is also cited in historical references as the State Publishing House, RSFSR signifying its location within the Russian Republic.
Sources & Citations
Urtminceva, M. G. (1997). Slovar' russkoi literatury. Niznii Novgorod: Tri Bogatyria.