Translation: Glory to the great friend of our children!
Poster Number: PP 152
Artist: Vatolina, Nina Nikolaevicha — Ватолина, Нина Николаевна
Media Size: 33x25
Poster Type: Offset
Printer: Leningrad Offset Printing Plant
Printer Notes: Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in Leningrad, the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant had its roots in Imperial Russia. It was a large printing house founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house. In 1918, the Soviet government named the printing house "1st State Lithography" and thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. For example, in 1924 it was re-named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, this workshop became the 24th Lithography Workshop of OGIZ (Association of State Book and Magazine Publishers) and in the 1950s, the name was changed to the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant.
Publisher: Iskusstvo (Art Publishing House), Moscow
Publishing Date: 1952
Publisher Notes: Founded in 1936, Iskusstvo was formed out of Ogiz-Izogiz, the “State Art and Literature Publishing House”.
Editorial Information: Editor M. Ioffe
Technical Information on Poster: [Approved] July 4, 1952; Publication No. 9928; Volume 1 sheet of paper; Order No. 326; Price 1 ruble; [Printed at] 9 Kronverkskaia Street
Print Run: 200,000
Glavlit Directory Number: A-15355
Catalog Notes: PP 152 Stalin