Leningrad Offset Printing Plant
Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in Leningrad, the Offset Printing Plant had roots in Imperial Russia. It was founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house and in 1918, the Soviet government named it the "1st State Lithography". By the early 1950s, its name changed to the 1st Leningrad Offset Printing Plant and it was under the UPP of Lensovnarkoz from the late 1950s to early 1960s. "UPP of Lensovnarkoz" signified the plant’s operations were under the "Printing Industry Management of the Leningrad Economic Regional Council". The printing plant was then re-named the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant whereby it underwent additional management and name changes in the years following.