Leningrad Offset Printing Plant
The Leningrad Offset Printing Plant was located near Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in Leningrad (St. Petersburg). Historically, the printer had roots in Imperial Russia as a large operation founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel') until it was nationalized by the Soviets in 1917. After its initial nationalization, the printer's management (via a series of government-controlled printing trusts) and its name both changed over the decades until it ultimately became the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant in the spring of 1950.
Fuentes y citas
Koenker, D. (2005). Republic of labor: Russian printers and Soviet socialism, 1918-1930. Ithaca: Cornell University Press. (PP. 27 to 29, Fedor Kibbel' and history of the printer under nationalization)
citywalls.ru/house7310 (Address at 9 Kronverkskaia Street, St. Petersburg)
citywalls.ru/house7187 (History of the printing operation of F. F. Kibbel)