Skip to content

Glory to the great friend of our children!

Poster Number: PP 152
Category: Stalin
Media Size: 33x25
Poster Type: Offset
Publishing Date: 1952
Editorial Information: Editor M. Ioffe
Technical Information on Poster: [Approved] July 4, 1952; Publication No. 9928; Volume 1 sheet of paper; Order No. 326; Price 1 ruble; [Printed at] 9 Kronverkskaia Street
Glavlit Directory Number: A-15355
Catalog Notes: PP 152 Stalin
Artist: Vatolina, Nina Nikolaevicha — Ватолина, Нина Николаевна
Nina Vatolina began producing posters in late 1930s and she went to become one of the leading Soviet poster artists of all time. She was a graduate of the Ogiz Technical School for Arts and of the Moscow Art Institute (class of 1942). Vatolina additionally acquired illustration skills from the master poster designer Viktor Deni. In fact, Deni considered Vatolina one of his most talented students. Nina Vatolina married Viktor Deni’s son, Nikolai Denisov. They at...
Read More About This Artist
Printer: Leningrad Offset Printing Plant — Ленинградское Офсетная типография
The Leningrad Offset Printing Plant was located near Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in Leningrad (St. Petersburg). Historically, the printer had roots in Imperial Russia as a large operation founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel') until it was nationalized by the Soviets in 1917. After its initial nationalization, the printer's management (via a series of government-controlled printing trusts) and its name both changed over the decades until it ultimately became the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant ...
Read More About This Printer
Publisher: Iskusstvo (Art Publishing House), Moscow — Искусство, Москва
Iskusstvo was the Art Publishing House (A.K.A. Visual Arts Publishing) that was created in 1936 from Ogiz-Izogiz (State Art and Literature Publishing House). It disseminated books and journals dealing with graphic design and the fine arts, and it issued numerous posters. Since the Iskusstvo banner was part of the State Printing Works in Leningrad (St. Petersburg) and Moscow, its two main offices were located in those two cities.
Read More About This Publisher