Skip to content

October 25, 1917 -- November 7, 1920 Farmer, you used to work for a landlord! Now the land belongs to the working people! All Power to the Soviets! [Partial translation]

Poster Number: PP 042
Category: Revolution
Media Size: 40.5x28
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: 1920
Sources & Citation:

Urtminceva, M. G. (1997). Slovar' russkoi literatury. Niznii Novgorod: Tri Bogatyria.
Soviet Posters of the era of the Civil War 1918-1921 by B. S. Butnik-Siverskii (1960), page 151, poster 149; Russian Revolutionary Posters by V. Polonskii (1925), page 176, poster 696

Catalog Notes: PP 042 Revolution b
Artist: Mel'nikov, Dmitrii Ivanovich — Мельников, Дмитрий Иванович
Printer: 5th State Typolithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Russian Partnership) — 5-я государственный типо-литография, (бывш. Русское товарищество)
Located in the Chistye Prudy neighborhood at 14 Myl'nikov Lane (a.k.a. Zhukovskii Street); the 5th State Typolithography Workshop was the Russian Partnership prior to its nationalization. Around 1922 the printer was placed under the Mospoligraf printing trust during a period of consolidation that occurred in the Moscow printing industry. With a staff of over two thousand, Mospoligraf oversaw a myriad of printers under local sections. Subsequently, Mospoligraf was the second-largest printing trust in Moscow outside ...
Read More About This Printer
Publisher: State Publishing House — Государственный издательство
The State Publishing House had its origins in Imperial Russia as the Royal Print Yard in St. Petersburg. The Soviets nationalized the print yard in 1917 and requisitioned its presses. From requisitioning emerged the Publishing House of the Petrograd Soviet that was formed in the winter of 1917 by the Literary and Publishing Department of People's Commissariat for Education. As the Red Army controlled more provinces and cities in former Imperial Russia, the State Publishing House developed ...
Read More About This Publisher