Boris Berezovskii never received formal artistic education. From 1923 to 1924, he studied under the tutelage of Nikolai Grigoriev in Moscow. In 1949, he began to exhibit his works publicly. Throughout his artistic career, he produced designs for postage stamps as well as posters. The State Museum of Contemporary Russian History in Moscow holds a number of his posters in their collection.
The Kalinin Poligrafkombinat was located at 5 Lenin Ave. (formerly Voroshilov Street) in Kalinin (now known as Tver), a city northwest of Moscow. Poligrafkombinat is the portmanteau word for "printing plant". Throughout its existence, the name of this printing plant changed depending on the various state-owned trusts that handled its management.
Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".