Glory to Lenin’s Komsomol

Poster Number: PP 196
Category: Youth
Poster Notes: The Komsomol was the All-Union Leninist Young Communist League. It was first called the Russian Young Communist League (RKSM) but with the unification of the U.S.S.R., it was made an all-union organization and youth division of the All-Union Communist Party. Komsomol was the final tier of the three youth organizations in the U.S.S.R. Members were between the ages 14 to 28 and they joined after graduating from the Young Pioneers. Prior to being Pioneers, they graduated at age 9 from the Octobrists.
Media Size: 41.5x31
Poster Type: Offset
Publishing Date: 1958
Editorial Information: Editor Ia. Marinenko
Technical Information on Poster: November 28, 1957. Publication No. 1-732. Volume 1 sheet of paper. Order No. 3370. Price 1 ruble.
Glavlit Directory Number: Sh10877.
Catalog Notes: PP 196 Youth
Artist: Kokorekin, Aleksei Alekseevich — Кокорекин, Алексей Алексеевич

Aleksei Alekseevich Kokorekin was born in a part of Imperial Russia that is today Kyrgyzstan. In 1918 Kokorekin attended the Krasnodar School of Painting and Sculpture. In 1929, he graduated from the Kuban' Pedagogical School in Krasnodar. While in Krasnodar, he worked both as a poster designer and a decorator for the Krasnodarskii Theater. Shortly after his graduation, he moved to Moscow and began contributing designs to IZOGIZ State Publishing House. In 1933-'34, he created book and magazine illustrations while at the same time producing easel paintings.

Read More...
Printer: Krasnii Proletarii (Red Proletarian), Moscow —

The Krasnii Proletarii Workshop (A.K.A. 3rd Krasnii Proletarii Typography Workshop) was located at 16 Krasnoproletarskaia Street in Moscow. Around 1920 the printing workshop was placed under the management of the Poligrafkniga (Book and Magazine Printing) Trust. Historically, this printer was first under the ownership of the Russian entrepreneur Ivan Kushnerev who founded the Ivan Kushnerev & Company Printing Shop in 1869 in Moscow. When Kushnerev died in 1896 his company was one of the largest printers in Imperial Russia. The Kushnerev shop was nationalized by the Soviets in 1919 and consigned to the Printing Section of the Moscow Economic Council. It was then re-named the 3rd State Typolithography Workshop and, for a brief period, it was the 20th State Typolithography Workshop. It became the 3rd Krasnii Proletarii Book Printing Plant when its location (on Pimenovskaia Street) was re-named Krasnoproletarskaia (Red Proletarian) Street. The workshop retained the Krasnii Proletarii moniker while its management (via a series of state trusts) varied over the next fifty years.

Read More...
Publisher: IzoGiz (State Publishing House of Fine Art), Moscow —

Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".

Read More...