This printing house was at 11 Zvenigorodskaia Street and was named after Ivan Fedorov (c.1525-1583), historically referred to as the "first" Russian printer. Prior to nationalization, the Fedorov Workshop belonged to the St. Petersburg firm of Roman Golike and Artur Vilborg. It became the 15th State Typography Workshop when the Soviet government took over production just after the Russian Revolution and it subsequently became the 3rd Typography Workshop in later years.
Plakat (All-Union Poster) was created in 1974 in Moscow through the work of the Union of Artists and the Central Committee of the Communist Party. The chief of its poster department was Dmitry Akimovich Isaev. Plakat publishers existed until 1991 whereupon it was renamed Panorama publishers.