Lenin-Leader

Poster Number: PP 545
Category: Lenin
Media Size: 42.5x31
Poster Type: Offset
Publishing Date: 1969
Editorial Information: Editor Z. Kondrat’eva.
Technical Information on Poster: October 23, 1968. Publication No. 1-811. Volume 1 sheet of paper. Order No. 1190. Price 10 kopeks. 8-2-2/69
Glavlit Directory Number: A09249
Catalog Notes: PP 545 Lenin
Artist: Ivanov, Viktor Semenovich — Иванов, Виктор Семёнович

Viktor Ivanov attended Moscow Secondary Professional Art School from 1926 to 1929. In 1928, he took classes at a studio of Dmitrii Kardovskii and, from 1929 to 1933, he continued his education at the Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture affiliated with the Russian Academy of Arts in Leningrad. Viktor Ivanov began to work for the central publishing house Ogiz-Izogiz in 1931 where he achieved acclaim as a graphic designer with a concentration in poster development. Ivanov began to exhibit professionally in 1934.  He contributed to the TASS (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union) Studios between 1941 and 1943 and created approximately nineteen posters for that entity.

Read More...
Printer: Kalinin City Poligrafkombinat —

The Kalinin Poligrafkombinat was located at 5 Lenin Ave. (formerly Voroshilov Street) in Kalinin (now known as Tver), a city northwest of Moscow. Poligrafkombinat is the portmanteau word for "printing plant". Throughout its existence, the name of this printing plant changed depending on the various state-owned trusts that handled its management.

Read More...
Publisher: Sovetskii Khudozhnik (Soviet Artist), Moscow — Советский художник, Москва

Sovetskii Khudozhnik (Soviet Artist) was a publishing house that chiefly served the Artists’ Union of the USSR. The house was founded in Moscow in 1963 during a period of reorganization within the state publishing sector. Sovetskii Khudozhnik turned out albums, art reproductions, postcards and art books, catalogs, brochures and, posters. It also produced illustrated monographs on contemporary artists and collections. In the early 1990s, it was renamed Galart Publishing House.

Read More...