Manifest. All power to landlords and capitalists!!! For workers and peasants – the lash!!!

Poster Number: PP 748
Category: Civil War
Poster Notes:

[At left] A kulak (land owning farmer); [ At the middle] Baron Pyotr Wrangel’; [At right] A bourgeois man.
The Imperial Russian tricolor flag is seen in the background.

Media Size: 31x25
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: 1920
Technical Information on Poster: Publication No. 842
Sources & Citation: Soviet Posters of the era of the Civil War 1918-1921 by B. S. Butnik-Siverskii (1960), page 748, poster 1358; Russian Revolutionary Posters by V. Polonskii (1925), page 36-37, poster 47
Catalog Notes: PP 748 Civil War b
Artist: Deni (Denisov), Viktor Nikolaevich — Дени (Денисов), Виктор Николаевич
Although known for his characterizations and posters that he signed with the pseudonym 'Deni'; Viktor Nikolayevich Denisov never received formal artistic education. Around 1906, Deni began exhibiting at the annual exhibitions of the Society of Independents in Saint Petersburg, as well as at the Salon of Humorists. In 1910, he took private lessons in painting and drawing from the artist-portraitist Nikolai P. Ulianov and that same year, he became active in the field of political caricature, contributing ...
Read More...
Printer: 5th State Typolithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Russian Partnership) — 5-я государственный типо-литография, (бывш. Русское товарищество)
Before nationalization, the 5th State Typolithography Workshop in Moscow was Russian Partnership Printing House on Krivoarbatskii (curved) lane. The 5th Lithography was placed under the Mosoblpoligraf printing trust. It is not to be confused with the 5th Typography Workshop that was also in Moscow during the same period. Krivoarbatskii Lane became Melnikov Lane (for architect Konstantin Melnikov who lived at number 10) and in 1936, it became Zhukov Street in honor of engineer Nikolai Zhkovskii who lived ...
Read More...
Publisher: State Publishing House — Государственный издательство
The State Publishing House had its origins in Imperial Russia as the Royal Print Yard in St. Petersburg. The Soviets nationalized the print yard in 1917 and requisitioned its presses. From requisitioning emerged the Publishing House of the Petrograd Soviet that was formed in the winter of 1917 by the Literary and Publishing Department of People's Commissariat for Education. As the Red Army controlled more provinces and cities in former Imperial Russia, the State Publishing House developed ...
Read More...