1st Offset Printing Plant of UPP of the Lensovnarkoz, Leningrad
The 1st Offset Printing Plant was under the management of UPP of Lensovnarkoz during the late 1950s and early 1960s. The significance of "UPP of Lensovnarkoz" meant that the plant’s operations were under the "Printing Industry Management of the Leningrad Economic Regional Council".
The 1st Offset Printing had roots in Imperial Russia. It was founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the Kibbel printing house and in 1918. Thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. By the early 1950s, it was the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant.