24th Lithography Workshop by the Council of Ministries of the USSR, Leningrad
In 1924, the 1st State Lithography Workshop in Leningrad was named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, this workshop became the 24th Lithography Workshop of Ogiz and was later placed under the Council of Ministries of the USSR. Historically, the printing workshop had been owned by Fedor Kibbel' prior to Soviet nationalization and was located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg (A.K.A. Petrograd).