A.F. Marks Lithography Workshop
A.F. Marks'' Partnership Artistic Office was located in St. Petersburg at 29 Izmailovskii Avenue. Founded in 1881, its owner was Adolf Fedorovich Marks (1838-1904) a successful printer and publisher. In 1922, the A.F. Marks'' Partnership was placed under Petropechat', a state-owned trust created in the early 1920s to aid in the centralization of the printing industry. Thereafter, it became the 26th State Typography Workshop named for Evgenii Sokolov, a St. Petersburg-based printer and Russian Revolution participant who died while on a military assignment for the Red Army.