Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic) 15th Lithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Mashistov)
The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914), founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His company printed magazines, historical books and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop because it was a contract printer for the MGSNKh.
In 1921, the Soviet Union formulated a plan to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts and in 1922, the Mospoligraf Trust was organized to consolidate the Moscow printing industry. Mospoligraf was the second-largest printing trust in Moscow outside of Mospechat’. Both trusts secured a myriad of local printing houses under their banners. The 15th Lithography Workshop was managed by Mospoligraf.