Sovkino (Soviet Cinema) Typolithograhy
Sovkino was established in December 1924 as the All-Russian Photographic and Industrial Joint-Stock Company. Initially formed as a distribution outlet for motion pictures, Sovkino established a network of its own theaters across the USSR. It also created a film production division and became the leading studio in the nation. Sovkino was dissolved when state-supported film production shifted to Soiuzkino in May 1930. Motion picture posters were handled by Reklamfil'm, the office responsible for designing, approving and distributing the posters.
Sources & Citations
Beumers, B. [Ed.] (2016). A Companion to Russian Cinema. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons. (Development of Sovkino cited)
Kenez, P. (2001). Cinema and Soviet society from the revolution to the death of Stalin. London: Tauris. (p. 43, December 1924 formation and history of Sovkino)
Youngblood, D. J. (1991). Soviet Cinema in the Silent Era, 1918-1935. Austin: First Univ. of Texas Press. (Development of Sovkino cited)