Stalinskoe Znamia (Stalin's Banner) Typolithography, Penza
Stalinskoe Znamia (Stalin's Banner) was a newspaper publishing house in Penza, a city in western Russia. In 1917, the newspaper began operations as the News of the Penza Council of Workers', Peasants' and Soldiers' Deputies. After another round of name changes during the 1920s and 1930s, it became “Stalin’s Banner” in 1939 and retained that title until June 1956 when it became Penzaskaia Pravda (Truth of Penza).
Sources & Citations
Horecky, P.L., et al. (1962). Newspapers of the Soviet Union in the Library of Congress (Slavic, 1954-1960; Non-Slavic, 1917-1960). Washington D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office. (p. 36, Stalinskoe Znamia and Penzaskaia Pravda both cited)
Petrov, S., & Savin, M.V. (1955). Penza: kratkii istoricheskii ocherk. Penza: Penzenskoe knizhnoe izd-vo. (p. 195, publication of Stalinskoe Znamia, Penza)
penza-online.ru (timeline of Penzaskaia Pravda)