State Lithography Workshop named for M. Tomskii, Leningrad
In 1924, the 1st State Lithography Workshop in Leningrad was named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, this workshop became the 24th Lithography Workshop of Ogiz. Historically, the printing workshop had been owned by Fedor Kibbel' prior to Soviet nationalization and was located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg (A.K.A. Petrograd). The workshop was designated the “1st State Lithographic" upon termination of Kibbel'’s ownership.