Poliitiline Kirjandus (Political Literature) Publishing, Estonia
Political Literature Publishing was formed in Tallinn, the capital of the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic. Political Literature was also part of the state-controlled publishing monopoly developed by the Soviet Union in September 1940 in order to reorganize publishing via the Estonian State Publishing Center, which combined five publishing entities. Political Literature chiefly produced socio-political material in addition to the magazines "Bolshevik" and "Young Lenin".
In 1949, Political Literature Publishing was merged under the umbrella of the Estonian State Publishing House (Eesti Riiklik Kirjastus). Estonian State Publishing was established by merging the houses of "Fiction and Art", "Pedagogical Literature", "Political Literature", "Scientific Literature", and the "Publishing House of Applied Publications". In 1964, Estonian State Publishing was divided into two separate publishing houses (Eesti Raamat and Valgus).
Sources & Citations
Lott, M., Möldre, A. (2000). A brief history of the Estonian book. Tallinn: Nat. Library of Estonia.
Laigna, K. (1986). A thousand and one facts about Soviet Estonia. Tallinn: Perioodika.
Valt, L. (1980). Soviet Estonia: land, people, culture. Tallinn: Valgus.