State Military Publishing House NKO, Moscow
The State Military Publishing House NKO (People's Commissariat of Defense) was the publishing arm of the Commissariat of Defense, the highest military department of the Soviet Union from 1934 to 1946. The NKO merged with the People's Commissariat of the Navy in 1946 to form a single entity-- the People’s Commissariat of the Armed Forces. The new organization was placed under the Ministry of Armed Forces of the USSR.
Sources & Citations
Parrish, M. (1996). The lesser terror: Soviet state security: 1939-1953. Westport: Praeger.
Scott, H. F., Scott, W. F. (1979). The armed forces of the USSR. Boulder, Colo: Westview Press.