Share His Expertise With Everyone! "Nikolai Lupandin, famous milling machine operator of Kharkov tractor plant named for S. Ordzhenikidze, is producing for the quota of 1963. He has been able to reach such a high level of productivity by creating and applying improved tools by using modern methods of metal handling and by improving the technology of the process." [Partial translation only].

Poster Number: PP 033
Category: Workers
Media Size: 36x26
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: 1956
Editorial Information: Editor K. Nazarova; Art Editor Y. Boitman
Technical Information on Poster: [Approved] May 5, 1956; Publication No. 0372; Order No. 1360; Volume 1 sheet of paper; Price 1 ruble; [Printed at] 9 Kronverkskaia Street
Glavlit Directory Number: Sh-06118
Catalog Notes: PP 033 Workers
Artist: Gontar', E. — Гонтарь, Е.
Printer: Leningrad Offset Printing Plant — Ленинградское Офсетная типография

Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in Leningrad, the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant had its roots in Imperial Russia. It was a large printing house founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house. In 1918, the Soviet government named the printing house the 1st State Lithography and thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. In 1924 it was re-named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, it became the 24th Lithography Workshop of OGIZ (Association of State Book and Magazine Publishers) and by the early 1950s, its name was changed to the 1st Leningrad Offset Printing Plant operating under the UPP of Lensovnarkoz. It remained under the UPP into the early 1960s when it was re-named the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant. Thereafter, it underwent management changes such as being under the printing trusts of Glavpoligrafprom, Glavpoligrafizdat and Soiuzpoligrafprom.

Read More...
Publisher: IzoGiz (State Publishing House of Fine Art), Moscow —

Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".

Read More...