Mosoblpoligraf was a regional, state-owned printing trust created in the mid-1920s during the period when the Soviet Union was consolidating its best and most productive printers. The 5th Lithography Workshop, 12th Lithography Workshop, 16th Lithography Workshop and the 26th Lithography Workshop were all Moscow-based printers under the Mosoblpoligraf banner.
The publishing house for the Bureau of Standardization and Rationalization was located near Il’inka Street at 26 Rybnyi Lane in Moscow. It disseminated literature and information on mechanical and industrial standards. In 1929, the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR began a program of reforming the nation’s industrial sectors. As part of the program, a Bureau of Standardization and Rationalization was formed within the Supreme Soviet of National Economy (VSNKh) by merging the Scientific-Technical Administration with the Planning-Economic Administration. The new bureau was tasked with coordinating technical policies, supervising research and exchanging information on standardization and rationalization within the USSR and abroad.