The Leningrad Offset Printing Plant was located near Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in Leningrad (St. Petersburg). Historically, the printer had roots in Imperial Russia as a large operation founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel') until it was nationalized by the Soviets in 1917. After its initial nationalization, the printer's management (via a series of government-controlled printing trusts) and its name both changed over the decades until it ultimately became the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant in the spring of 1950.
Sovetskii Khudozhnik (Soviet Artist) was a publishing house that chiefly served the Artists’ Union of the USSR. The house was founded in Moscow in 1963 during a period of reorganization within the state publishing sector. Sovetskii Khudozhnik turned out albums, art reproductions, postcards and art books, catalogs, brochures and, posters. It also produced illustrated monographs on contemporary artists and collections. In the early 1990s, it was renamed Galart Publishing House.