Comrade Peasants. Be ready for the All-Russian Agricultural and Handicraft Exhibition. For further information ask the Regional Bureau Of Exhibitions, ask the Land Office or ask any agricultural technician.

Poster Number: PP 429
Category: Events
Poster Notes: Publication of the Vyatka Regional Exhibition Committee. This poster was created for the All-Russian Agricultural and Industrial Crafts Exhibition that opened in August 1923 in Moscow. It was planned four years prior to 1923 and was two years behind schedule in opening.
Media Size: 32x25
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: c.1922
Glavlit Directory Number: 228. Gublit, provincial section of Glavlit
Catalog Notes: PP 429 Events
Artist: M.D. — М.Д.
Printer: Bumpoligraftrust (Printing and Paper Trust) — Бумполиграфтрест

Bumpoligraftrust (Bumazhno-Poligrafcheskii trest) was formed in 1922 as a printing and paper trust in the city of Viatka, 900 kilometers east of Moscow. In addition to the printing houses it oversaw, the trust encompassed four paper mills. In 1934, the city of Viatka was renamed "Kirov" in honor of Sergei Mironovich Kirov (1886-1934), deceased Communist Party leader of Leningrad. The city was re-named Viatka after the fall of the USSR.

Read More...
Publisher: Litizdat (Literary and Publishing Department of the Political Directorate of the Revolutionary Military Council of the Republic) — Литиздат

Litizdat (Literaturno-izdatel'skii otdel politicheskogo upravleniia RVSR) was established in June 1919 by order of the Department of the Political Directorate (PUR) of the Revolutionary Military Council of the Republic (RVSR). A formal decree approved its existence in October that year. Due to the hierarchy of Litizdat's formation, its title is often abbreviated as Litizdat PUR RVSR on publications it issued. As the main publishing arm for the Red Army and the Red Navy, Litizdat distributed a total of 7.5 million posters and postcards between 1919 and 1922. After the Russian Civil War, Litizdat PUR was dissolved and its functions were divided into a succession of state publishing entities. In 1921, the key functions of Litizdat were assigned to the Department of Military Literature (Litrevsor) and by 1924, Litrevsor gave-way to the State Military Publishing House (Gosudarstvennoe voennoe izdatel'stvo), Voenizdat-Voengiz.

Read More...