This lithographer was named in honor of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin and was under the state-owned trust of Oblpoligrafizdat (Regional Department for the Polygraphic, Publishing and Book Trade Industries). The entity was located in Rostov-On-Don, a city in southern Russia.
The Art Fund of the USSR was an organization developed with financial support of the state and with the Artists’ Union of the USSR. The Artists’ Union of the USSR administered the Art Fund of the USSR in addition to managing the Board of Exhibitions, the Central Educational and Experimental Workshop, the Propaganda Poster Agency, and the Sovetskii Khudozhnik Publishing House. Via decree, wages paid to union artists and designers included payments to the Art Fund of the USSR. The amount and means of fees to the Art Fund were established at the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR in February 1940.