Galina Konstantinova Shubina graduated from VKhuTEIN [Higher Art and Technical Institute] in Leningrad in 1928. She began to exhibit her works publically in 1929. Her main area of specialization was graphic design, including posters. Starting in 1940 and throughout the 1950s, Shubina produced posters for the publisher Izogiz. The body of work she created for the publisher launched her career making her one of the best-known female graphic artists in the Soviet Union. Her poster designs typically incorporated smiling Soviet citizens of varied generations and cherubic, energetic children. These kinds of Illustrations, while part of the Socialist Realist dogma relegated upon artistic culture in the Soviet Union before World War II, became a significant hallmark of her style. In 1948, she was awarded a Diploma of the 1st Degree at the International Poster Exhibition in Vienna. In the 1970s, Shubina focused on easel painting and moved away from poster design.
The 3rd Krasnii Proletarii Typography Workshop of the Poligrafkniga Trust was located at 16 Krasnoproletarskaia Street in Moscow. It was placed under the Poligrafkniga (Book and Magazine Printing) Trust around 1920.
Iskusstvo was the Art Publishing House (A.K.A. Visual Arts Publishing) that was created in 1936 from Ogiz-Izogiz (State Art and Literature Publishing House). It disseminated books and journals dealing with graphic design and the fine arts, and it issued numerous posters. Since the Iskusstvo banner was part of the State Printing Works in Leningrad (St. Petersburg) and Moscow, its two main offices were located in those two cities.