Fonts - Inks - Machines. State Trust of Vesenkha
 Poligraf
, Moscow, 14 Leont'evskii [Lane]. Branches in Leningrad, Kharkov and Rostov-on-Don. Printed using inks produced in-house by Poligraf Trust: Diamond gloss, Light blue gloss, Deep blue gloss, Prussian blue,
 Silken green, 
Dark chrome yellow.

Poster Number: PP 990
Category: Industry
Poster Notes: Leont'evskii Lane became Stanislavskii Street from 1938 until 1993. It was named for Konstantin Sergeevich Stanislavski (1863-1938) famed Russian actor, playwright and teacher. Prior to having the name Leont'evskii (for a homeowner that lived on the lane), it was named Shermetevskii Street.
Media Size: 27.5x20
Poster Type: Lithograph and Offset
Publishing Date: c.1935
Glavlit Directory Number: 7058. Mosgublit, Moscow provincial office section of Glavlit
Sources & Citation: Vas'kin, A. (2021). Rasskazy o zhizni moskovskikh zdanii i ikh obitatelei. Moskva: Eterna. (Stanislavskii Street)
Catalog Notes: PP 990 Industry b
Artist: Artist Unknown — неизвестный художник

The artist's name on the poster is not indicated. By assigning Artist Unknown to a poster it also could mean the artist used a chop mark whereby no signature is seen thus rendering the artist's identity anonymous.

Read More...
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic), Moscow —

Mospoligraf was a state-owned printing trust located in Moscow. In 1921, the Soviet Union formulated a plan to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts and in 1922, Mospoligraf was organized to consolidate the Moscow printing industry. Mospoligraf was the second printing trust organized in Moscow outside of the Mospechat’ trust and it secured a myriad of printing houses under local printing sections such as the 2nd Chromolithography Workshop, the 5th Lithography Workshop, the 7th Typography Workshop and the 26th Lithography Workshop, to name a few. Mospoligraf incorporated over two thousand workers. When it was reorganized, it went on to lease to other operators. For example, two printers in the Mospoligraf trust-- the 1st Exemplary Print Shop and the 20th Print Shop (Krasnii Proletarii)-- were both leased to Gosizdat publishers. While government trusts led the printing industry in terms of ownership, efforts to consolidate the printing industry remained disjointed throughout the history of the USSR.

Read More...
Publisher: Publisher not indicated —