Fonts - Inks - Machines. State Trust of Vesenkha
 Poligraf
, Moscow, 14 Leont'evskii [Lane]. Branches in Leningrad, Kharkov and Rostov-on-Don. Printed using inks produced in-house by Poligraf Trust: Diamond gloss, Light blue gloss, Deep blue gloss, Prussian blue,
 Silken green, 
Dark chrome yellow.

Poster Number: PP 990
Category: Industry
Poster Notes: Leont'evskii Lane became Stanislavskii Street from 1938 until 1993. It was named for Konstantin Sergeevich Stanislavski (1863-1938) famed Russian actor, playwright and teacher. Prior to having the name Leont'evskii (for a homeowner that lived on the lane), it was named Shermetevskii Street.
Media Size: 27.5x20
Poster Type: Lithograph and Offset
Publishing Date: c.1935
Glavlit Directory Number: 7058. Mosgublit, Moscow provincial office section of Glavlit
Sources & Citation: Vas'kin, A. (2021). Rasskazy o zhizni moskovskikh zdanii i ikh obitatelei. Moskva: Eterna. (Stanislavskii Street cited)
Catalog Notes: PP 990 Industry b
Artist: Artist Unknown — неизвестный художник

The artist's name on the poster is not indicated. By assigning Artist Unknown to a poster it also could mean the artist used a chop mark whereby no signature is seen thus rendering the artist's identity anonymous.

Read More...
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic), Moscow — Мосполиграф, Москва

Mospoligraf was a state-owned printing trust located in Moscow. When the Soviet Union formulated a plan in 1921 to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operators into state-owned trusts; Mospoligraf was organized in 1922 to carry out consolidation of the Moscow printing industry. With a staff of over two thousand, Mospoligraf was the second-largest printing trust organized in Moscow outside of the Mospechat’ trust, and it oversaw a myriad of houses under local printing sections such as the 2nd Chromolithography Workshop, the 5th Lithography Workshop, the 7th Typography Workshop and the 26th Lithography Workshop, to name a few. After a reorganization, the trust leased its operators. For example, two printers under Mospoligraf- the 1st Exemplary Print Shop and the 20th Print Shop (Krasnii Proletarii)-- were both leased to Gosizdat publishing. Throughout the history of the USSR, government trusts led the printing industry in terms of ownership, but efforts to consolidate the industry (as a whole) remained disjointed.

Read More...
Publisher: Publisher not indicated —