20th State Typolithography Workshop, Moscow
Russian entrepreneur Ivan Kushnerev founded the Ivan Kushnerev & Company Printing Shop in 1869 in Moscow. When Kushnerev died in 1896 his printing company was one of the largest in Imperial Russia. The Kushnerev shop was nationalized by the Soviets in 1919. By 1921, it was re-named the 20th State Typolithography Workshop and then, it became the 3rd Krasnii Proletarii Book Printing Plant around the time that its location (on Pimenovskaia Street) was re-named Krasnoproletarskaia (Red Proletarian) Street.