The artist's name on the poster is not indicated. By assigning Artist Unknown to a poster it also could mean the artist used a chop mark whereby no signature is seen thus rendering the artist's identity anonymous.
The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914) the founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His firm printed magazines, historical books, and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and, it was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop. In 1922 the Soviet Union consolidated the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts. The Mospoligraf Trust consolidated the Moscow printing industry and it was the second-largest Moscow printing trust outside of Mospechat’. Both trusts secured a myriad of local printing houses. The 15th Lithography Workshop was managed by Mospoligraf.