Translation pending

Poster Number: PP 1196
Category: Industry
Media Size: 44x30
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: 1930
Technical Information on Poster: Publishing No. R.30; Publication No. 37639; Order No. 433; Price 40 kopeks
Glavlit Directory Number: A-59068
Catalog Notes: PP 1196 Industry b
Artist: Aliakrinskii, Petr Aleksandrovich — Алякринский, Петр Александрович

Petr Aleksanderovich Aliakrinskii was a painter, graphic designer, and a poster artist, he studied at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture under the tutelage of S. V. Ivanov from 1909 to 1910. He began to exhibit his works in 1910. Starting in 1912, while working as a theater artist in Ryazan' and Kozlov, he created caricatures and sketches for Muscovite theater magazines. Between 1918 and 1921, Aliakrinskii taught at the Free Art Studios in Yaroslavl' where he also helmed the local branch of ROSTA (Russian Telegraph Agency) that produced Civil War propaganda posters and participated in the restoration of architectural monuments. In 1922, he moved to Moscow and began illustrating the magazines Krasnaia niva [Red Niva] and 30 dnei, [30 days] in addition to the newspaper Bezbozhnik [Godless]. Additionally, he illustrated and designed books for various publishing houses such as Goslitizdat, Detgiz, et al. During WWII, he created narrative agitation posters for TASS (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union). Toward the end of his life he was awarded the title of Honored Artist of the Soviet Union.

Read More...
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic), Moscow —

Mospoligraf was a state-owned printing trust located in Moscow. In 1921, the Soviet Union formulated a plan to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts and in 1922, Mospoligraf was organized to consolidate the Moscow printing industry. Mospoligraf was the second printing trust organized in Moscow outside of the Mospechat’ trust and it secured a myriad of printing houses under local printing sections such as the 2nd Chromolithography Workshop, the 5th Lithography Workshop, the 7th Typography Workshop and the 26th Lithography Workshop, to name a few. Mospoligraf incorporated over two thousand workers. When it was reorganized, it went on to lease to other operators. For example, two printers in the Mospoligraf trust-- the 1st Exemplary Print Shop and the 20th Print Shop (Krasnii Proletarii)-- were both leased to Gosizdat publishers. While government trusts led the printing industry in terms of ownership, efforts to consolidate the printing industry remained disjointed throughout the history of the USSR.

Read More...
Publisher: State Publishing House, Moscow-Leningrad — Государственное издательство, Москва-Ленинград

For backstory, please see the entries for State Publishing House, Moscow and State Publishing House.

Read More...