Translation pending

Número de Cartel: PP 1196
Tamaño: 44x30
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph
Fecha de publicación: 1930
Información técnica: Publishing No. R.30; Publication No. 37639; Order No. 433; Price 40 kopeks
Número de Glavlit: A-59068
Información en el catálogo: PP 1196 Industry b
Artista: Aliakrinskii, Petr Aleksandrovich — Алякринский, Петр Александрович

Petr Aleksanderovich Aliakrinskii was a painter, graphic designer, and a poster artist, he studied at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture under the tutelage of S. V. Ivanov from 1909 to 1910. He began to exhibit his works in 1910. Starting in 1912, while working as a theater artist in Ryazan' and Kozlov, he created caricatures and sketches for Muscovite theater magazines. Between 1918 and 1921, Aliakrinskii taught at the Free Art Studios in Yaroslavl' where he also helmed the local branch of ROSTA (Russian Telegraph Agency) that produced Civil War propaganda posters and participated in the restoration of architectural monuments. In 1922, he moved to Moscow and began illustrating the magazines Krasnaia niva [Red Niva] and 30 dnei, [30 days] in addition to the newspaper Bezbozhnik [Godless]. Additionally, he illustrated and designed books for various publishing houses such as Goslitizdat, Detgiz, et al. During WWII, he created narrative agitation posters for TASS (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union). Toward the end of his life he was awarded the title of Honored Artist of the Soviet Union.

Leer más...
Imprenta: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic), Moscow — Мосполиграф, Москва

Mospoligraf was a state-owned printing trust located in Moscow. When the Soviet Union formulated a plan in 1921 to consolidate the nation’s largest and best printing operators into state-owned trusts; Mospoligraf was organized in 1922 to carry out consolidation of the Moscow printing industry. With a staff of over two thousand, Mospoligraf was the second-largest printing trust organized in Moscow outside of the Mospechat’ trust, and it oversaw a myriad of houses under local printing sections such as the 2nd Chromolithography Workshop, the 5th Lithography Workshop, the 7th Typography Workshop and the 26th Lithography Workshop, to name a few. After a reorganization, the trust leased its operators. For example, two printers under Mospoligraf- the 1st Exemplary Print Shop and the 20th Print Shop (Krasnii Proletarii)-- were both leased to Gosizdat publishing. Throughout the history of the USSR, government trusts led the printing industry in terms of ownership, but efforts to consolidate the industry (as a whole) remained disjointed.

Leer más...
Editorial: State Publishing House, Moscow-Leningrad — Государственное издательство, Москва-Ленинград

For backstory, please see the entries for State Publishing House, Moscow and State Publishing House.

Leer más...