Let peaceful life for the brotherly family of cooperative farmers grow under the sun, and let the soviet fatherland bloom, my happy motherland!

Poster Number: PP 215
Category: Agriculture
Poster Notes: Sixteen republics are illustrated because it was designed in the final year the Soviet Union possessed the Karelo-Finnish Soviet Socialist Republic (SFSR). In 1956, one year after the poster was released, the Karelo-Finnish Republic was incorporated into the Russian Republic as the Karelian Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. Karelia’s removal was the only time in USSR history when a member republic was merged into another republic.
Media Size: 35x26.5
Poster Type: Offset
Publishing Date: 1955
Editorial Information: Editor E. Povolotskaia; Art Editor Iu. Boitman
Technical Information on Poster: [Approved] July 20, 1955; Publication No. 840; Volume 1 sheet of paper; Order No. 481; Price 1 ruble
Glavlit Directory Number: Sh-05201
Catalog Notes: PP 215 Agriculture b
Artist: Livanova, Vera Mikhailovna — Ливанова, Вера Михайловна
Printer: Leningrad Offset Printing Plant — Ленинградское Офсетная типография

Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in Leningrad, the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant had its roots in Imperial Russia. It was a large printing house founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house. In 1918, the Soviet government named the printing house the 1st State Lithography and thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. In 1924 it was re-named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, it became the 24th Lithography Workshop of OGIZ (Association of State Book and Magazine Publishers) and by the early 1950s, its name was changed to the 1st Leningrad Offset Printing Plant operating under the UPP of Lensovnarkoz. It remained under the UPP into the early 1960s when it was re-named the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant. Thereafter, it underwent management changes such as being under the printing trusts of Glavpoligrafprom, Glavpoligrafizdat and Soiuzpoligrafprom.

Read More...
Publisher: IzoGiz (State Publishing House of Fine Art), Moscow —

Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".

Read More...