Let’s increase from 1951 to 1955 the number of places in pre-schools by 20%, in kindergartens by 40%. Grow up healthy!

Poster Number: PP 511
Category: Youth
Poster Notes: While the doctor appears to be Russian, the mother of the baby is Uzbek. The statistical information seen on the poster pertains to goals of the Five-Year Plan of 1951-1955.
Media Size: 38.5x30.5
Poster Type: Offset
Publishing Date: 1954
Editorial Information: Editor O. Legran
Technical Information on Poster: Submitted for printing February 2, 1954; Publication No. 510; Volume 1 sheet of paper; Order No. 1747; Price 1 ruble
Glavlit Directory Number: A-00096
Catalog Notes: PP 511 Youth
Artist: Shubina, Galina Konstantinova — Шубина, Галина Константиновна

Galina Konstantinova Shubina graduated from VKhuTEIN [Higher Art and Technical Institute] in Leningrad in 1928. She began to exhibit her works publically in 1929. Her main area of specialization was graphic design, including posters. Starting in 1940 and throughout the 1950s, Shubina produced posters for the publisher Izogiz. The body of work she created for the publisher launched her career making her one of the best-known female graphic artists in the Soviet Union. Her poster designs typically incorporated smiling Soviet citizens of varied generations and cherubic, energetic children. These kinds of Illustrations, while part of the Socialist Realist dogma relegated upon artistic culture in the Soviet Union before World War II, became a significant hallmark of her style. In 1948, she was awarded a Diploma of the 1st Degree at the International Poster Exhibition in Vienna. In the 1970s, Shubina focused on easel painting and moved away from poster design.

Read More...
Printer: Leningrad Offset Printing Plant — Ленинградское Офсетная типография

Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in Leningrad, the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant had its roots in Imperial Russia. It was a large printing house founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house. In 1918, the Soviet government named the printing house the 1st State Lithography and thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. In 1924 it was re-named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, it became the 24th Lithography Workshop of OGIZ (Association of State Book and Magazine Publishers) and by the early 1950s, its name was changed to the 1st Leningrad Offset Printing Plant operating under the UPP of Lensovnarkoz. It remained under the UPP into the early 1960s when it was re-named the Leningrad Offset Printing Plant. Thereafter, it underwent management changes such as being under the printing trusts of Glavpoligrafprom, Glavpoligrafizdat and Soiuzpoligrafprom.

Read More...
Publisher: IzoGiz (State Publishing House of Fine Art), Moscow —

Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".

Read More...