Konstantin Konstantinovich Ivanov initially received art instruction from his father, the noted graphic artist Konstantin L. Ivanov. Formal instruction began for Konstantin Konstantinovich as early as 1933 when he attended an art school in Leningrad. It was from that point that he dedicated his life to graphic design. During World War II, Ivanov worked on the front line while contributing to posters produced by the TASS (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union) Studios.
The Poligrafkombinat (printing plant) of Kalinin was the printer for Sovnarkhoz RSFSR (Regional Council of National Economy of the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic) and it was located in the city of Kalinin (now, Tver) northwest of Moscow. The printer was situated in Kalinin at 5 Lenin Avenue (formerly Voroshilov Street).
Izogiz was the fine arts section of Ogiz publishing. In 1963, Izogiz was re-named Sovetskii khudozhnik, "Soviet Artist".