Konstantin Konstantinovich Ivanov initially received art instruction from his father, the noted graphic artist Konstantin L. Ivanov. Formal instruction began for Konstantin Konstantinovich as early as 1933 when he attended an art school in Leningrad. It was from that point that he dedicated his life to graphic design. During World War II, Ivanov worked on the front line while contributing to posters produced by the TASS (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union) Studios.
The Poligrafkombinat (printing plant) of Kalinin was the printer for Sovnarkhoz RSFSR (Regional Council of National Economy of the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic) and it was located in the city of Kalinin (now, Tver) northwest of Moscow. The printer was situated in Kalinin at 5 Lenin Avenue (formerly Voroshilov Street).
The history of IzoGiz begins with the formation of Ogiz, the Association of the State Book and Magazine Publishers. In 1930, the Sovnarkom of the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic established Ogiz to centralize publishing under a monopoly in order to eliminate duplication of printed material, to streamline and control publishing production and its output, and to create a base for marketing books, training and technical manuals. In 1931, the Central Committee of the USSR ordered certain publications be separated from Ogiz. The separation principally affected technical manuals and propaganda material issued by the publisher. For example, posters, art magazines and artistic books were placed under Izogiz (Izobrazitel'noe iskusstvo), the fine arts section of Ogiz. In 1963, Izogiz was merged with the publishing house, "Soviet Artist" (Sovetskii khudozhnik).