Female workers and female collective farm workers to the party of Lenin.

Poster Number: PP 1047
Category: Women
Poster Notes: This poster is similar to a stereolithography that uses a wax-like resin.
Media Size: 27x20
Poster Type: Lithograph
Publishing Date: c.1927
Technical Information on Poster: Price 30 kopeks
Glavlit Directory Number: 2553. Mosoblit, Moscow regional section of Glavlit
Catalog Notes: PP 1047 Women
Artist: OKhR — ОХР

OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) was founded in 1927 by a group of disgruntled artists that resigned from the Association of Artists of the Revolution (AKhR). Following the group's fragmentation, the AKhR members went on to participate in the 16th Venice Biennale exhibition of 1928. While the OKhR maintained clubs in Moscow and Leningrad, its realist-based artists tried to expand the Association throughout the Soviet Union but expansion efforts never materialized due to the government's consolidation of guilds and unions in 1930.

Read More...
Printer: State Lithography Workshop named for M. Tomskii, Leningrad — Государственная литография им. М. Томского, Ленинград

In 1924, the 1st State Lithography Workshop in Leningrad was named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. In the mid-1930s, this workshop became the 24th Lithography Workshop of Ogiz. Historically, the workshop had its roots in Imperial Russia. It was a large printing house founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel) located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg, (A.K.A. Petrograd). In 1917, the Council of People’s Commissars of Labor nationalized the printing house. In 1918, the Soviet government named the printing house "1st State Lithography" and thereafter, it underwent a variety of name changes. The printer was located at Located at 9 Kronverkskaia Street in St Petersburg.

Read More...
Publisher: OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) — ОХР

OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) was founded in 1927 by a group of disgruntled artists that resigned from the Association of Artists of the Revolution (AKhR). Following the group's fragmentation, the AKhR members went on to participate in the 16th Venice Biennale exhibition of 1928. While the OKhR maintained clubs in Moscow and Leningrad, its realist-based artists tried to expand the Association throughout the Soviet Union but expansion efforts never materialized due to the government's consolidation of guilds and unions in 1930. In addition, the publishing house under the OKhR that distributed art albums, catalogs, postcards, posters and other material, folded in 1931.

Read More...