"Long live woman of the USSR, the builder of socialism."

Poster Number: PP 596
Category: Women
Poster Notes: [Large flag at center] "Women Workers and Women Peasants of the USSR Send Greetings to Working Women of the Whole World." [On the globe] "10 Years of the USSR"; The poster was designed by Proletkult-- Proletarskaia Kultura (Proletarian Culture) an artist cooperative established in 1917. Its formation was supposed to provide the foundations for a new proletarian art, "liberated from bourgeois, pre-Soviet culture."
Media Size: 42x29
Poster Type: Lithograph and Offset
Publishing Date: 1927
Glavlit Directory Number: 45278. Mosgublit, Moscow provincial section of Glavlit
Catalog Notes: PP 596 Women
Artist: Makarychev, Il'ia Pavolovich — Макарычев, Илья Павлович
Printer: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic) 15th Lithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Mashistov) — 15-я Литография «Мосполиграф», Москва (бывш. Машистова)

The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914) the founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His firm printed magazines, historical books, and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and, it was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop. In 1922 the Soviet Union consolidated the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts. The Mospoligraf Trust consolidated the Moscow printing industry and it was the second-largest Moscow printing trust outside of Mospechat’. Both trusts secured a myriad of local printing houses. The 15th Lithography Workshop was managed by Mospoligraf.

Read More...
Publisher: Mossovet (Moscow Soviet of People's Deputies) — Моссовет

Mossovet (Moscow Soviet of People's Deputies) was the USSR's version of a city council and it existed from 1918 until 1991. Today, the Mossovet building at 13 Tverskaia Street across from Tverskaia Square, serves as the office of Moscow's civil administration. Designed in 1782, the red-colored palazzo was the residence of Moscow's governor-general. In the 1940s, the Mossovet building was elevated three stories.

Read More...