The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914) the founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His firm printed magazines, historical books, and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and, it was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop. In 1922 the Soviet Union consolidated the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts. The Mospoligraf Trust consolidated the Moscow printing industry and it was the second-largest Moscow printing trust outside of Mospechat’. Both trusts secured a myriad of local printing houses. The 15th Lithography Workshop was managed by Mospoligraf.
Mossovet (Moscow Soviet of People's Deputies) was the USSR's version of a city council and it existed from 1918 until 1991. Today, the Mossovet building at 13 Tverskaia Street across from Tverskaia Square, serves as the office of Moscow's civil administration. Designed in 1782, the red-colored palazzo was the residence of Moscow's governor-general. In the 1940s, the Mossovet building was elevated three stories.