Skip to content

8 de Marzo. Las mujeres trabajadoras de todos los países se reúnen bajo el estandarte del Comintern para [celebrar] un Octubre internacional.

Número de Cartel: PP 595
Información sobre el cartel: This poster is on foamcore. This poster commemorates March 8th, the International Day of Women. In the USSR, traditional Mother's Day was banned and so March 8th became the day to honor female political and social achievements along with motherhood.
Tamaño: 45.5x31
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph
Fecha de publicación: c.1930
Información técnica: "From the originals of the artists Magidson, Starodub and Khokhlova". Price 50 kopeks.
Número de Glavlit: A-38834
Información en el catálogo: PP 595 Women (foamcore)
Artista: Magidson, Adriana Solomonovna — Магидсон, Адриана Соломоновна
Adriana Solomonovna Magidson was a painter, a graphic artist, theatrical artist, and a designer of Soviet propaganda posters. She was a member of the Union of Artists of the USSR and a member of the A.Kh.R.R. (Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia). In her youth, she studied at VKUTEMAS (Higher Art and Technical Studios) in Moscow. While a student, she participated in an internship at the Bolshoi Theater working in their decoration ...
Leer más...
Artista: Starodub — Стародуб
Artista: Khokhlova — Хохлова
Imprenta: Sovkino (Soviet Cinema) Lithography —
Sovkino was established in late 1924 as the All-Russian Photographic and Industrial Joint-Stock Company. It was dissolved when state-supported film production shifted over (in May 1930) to Soiuzkino. Film poster production was handled by Reklamfil'm, the office responsible for designing, approving and distributing film posters.
Leer más...
Editorial: A.Kh.R. (Association of Artists of the Revolution) — А.Х.Р (Ассоциация Художников Революции)
The Association of Artists of the Revolution was an artist cooperative from 1928 to 1932. From 1922-1928 it was called the Association of Artists of Revolutionary Russia. During the 1920s, the Association rose to prominence in the Soviet art world. It opened branches throughout the USSR, and it operated its own publishing house in Moscow at 25 Tsvetnoi Boulevard. The Association was abolished in 1932 when the government centralized a majority of independent arts organizations in the USSR.
Leer más...