The October Revolution gave all people of the soviet country the opportunity to build a new, good life – socialism. The October Revolution liberated people of the north from the yoke of merchants, kulaks and shamans. [Partial translation]

Número de Cartel: PP 625
Información sobre el cartel: Poster is in Russian, Nanai language and in other languages of northeastern Siberia.
Tamaño: 44x31.5
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph and Offset
Fecha de publicación: 1932
Información sobre los editores: Editor from "Niains" L. Ivanov; Editor from "Izogiz" A. Baranov; Technical Editor F. Tarasov
Información técnica: Izogiz No. 4582 I-38; Submitted for printing October 12, 1932 [and] Approved for printing November 14, 1932; Order No. 801; Volume 1 sheet of paper; [Printed at] 3 Mir Street
Número de Glavlit: 59568. Lengorlit, Leningrad city section of Glavlit
Información en el catálogo: PP 625 Education & Literacy
Artista: Mikhailova, Klavdia — Михайлова, Клавдия
Imprenta: 24th Lithography Workshop of the Poligrafkniga Trust of Ogiz, Leningrad — 24-я типография ОГИЗа РСФСР треста Полиграфкнига, Ленинград

The 24th Lithography Workshop was located at Kronverkskaia and Mir Streets in St. Petersburg (Petrograd). Historically, the workshop had its roots in Imperial Russia and it was a large printing operation founded in 1881 by Theodore Kibbel (Fedor Fyodorovich Kibbel). Shortly after the printer was nationalized by the Soviets, it became the 1st State Lithography Workshop. In 1924, the workshop was named in honor of Mikhail Pavlovich Tomskii (1880-1936), head of the Soviet trade union and the head of the State Publishing House. During the early 1930s, the printer was reorganized as the 24th Lithography Workshop of Ogiz (Association of State Book and Magazine Publishers) and was placed under the management of the Poligrafkniga (Book and Magazine Printing) state printing trust.

Leer más...
Editorial: Ogiz-IzoGiz, Moscow-Leningrad — Огиз-Изогиз, Москва-Ленинград

Ogiz was the Association of the State Book and Magazine Publishers. Its main offices were located in Moscow and in Leningrad. The Sovnarkom of the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic established Ogiz in 1930 to centralize publishing activities under a state monopoly in order to eliminate duplication of printed material, streamline and control publishing production and output, and to create a base for marketing books, training and technical manuals. In 1931, the Central Committee of the USSR ordered certain publications be separated from Ogiz. This principally affected technical manuals and propaganda material issued by the publisher. For example, posters, art magazines and artistic books were placed under Izogiz (Izobrazitel'noe iskusstvo), the fine arts section of Ogiz. In 1949, Ogiz was reorganized and merged into Glavpoligrafizdat, the Main Administration for Matters of the Polygraphic Industry, Publishing and Book Selling. In 1953, Glavpoligrafizdat was reorganized and renamed, Glavizdat. Thereafter, the publishing, printing and bookselling monopoly in the USSR was separated into three distinct divisions. In 1963, Izogiz was merged with the publishing house, "Soviet Artist" (Sovetskii khudozhnik).

Leer más...