Skip to content

¡Cosaco! Te están empujando a cometer actos terribles y sangrientos contra el pueblo trabajador. ¡Cosaco! Da la vuelta a tu caballo y ataca a tu verdadero enemigo, el parásito.

Número de Cartel: PP 868
Información sobre el cartel: The poster was likely published in August 1920 when the "Special Purpose Group" of the White Russian Expeditionary Force under Lieutenant-General Sergey G. Ulagai intervened in the Kuban region with the idea that local Cossacks would rise-up against the Soviet Army. Escaping Russia after the war, Ulagai formed a circus troupe of mounted equestrians and toured in Europe and the U.S.
Tamaño: Please inquire
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph
Fecha de publicación: c. 1920
Fuentes: Russian Posters: Propaganda, Space Conquest, Mercer and Middlesex Auctions LLC, 2013.
Información en el catálogo: PP 868 Civil War b
Artista: Moor (Orlov), Dmitrii Stakhievich — Моор (Орлов), Дмитрий Стахиевич
Dmitrii Stakhievich Moor (birth surname Orlov) was born into the family of a mining engineer and did not receive formal artistic education. After moving to Moscow in 1898, and between 1902 and 1906, he actively participated in the city’s revolutionary movement, specifically taking part in the failed 1905 Revolution. While working at the Anatolii Mamontov printing shop, he submitted his drawings to periodicals. In 1908, he began to publish his cartoons in satirical journals, namely in Budil'nik [Alarm Clock]. Wh...
Leer más...
Imprenta: 2nd State Typography Lithography Workshop, Moscow — 2-я Государственная Типография, Москва
The 2nd State Typography Lithography Workshop was located in Moscow at 9 Trekhprudnyi Lane. Prior to being nationalized, the workshop was the A.A. Levinson Partnership. Levenson's firm dates to 1881 when Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Levenson (1855-1922) acquired a speed press and began his printing operation. The firm expanded to 450 workers by 1913, and at one point, it operated six of Moscow's eighteen high-speed presses. During World War I, Levinson's business was subjugated under the Zemgorom (Chief Army Supply ...
Leer más...
Editorial: State Publishing House — Государственный издательство
The State Publishing House had its origins in Imperial Russia as the Royal Print Yard in St. Petersburg. The Soviets nationalized the print yard in 1917 and requisitioned its presses. From requisitioning emerged the Publishing House of the Petrograd Soviet that was formed in the winter of 1917 by the Literary and Publishing Department of People's Commissariat for Education. As the Red Army controlled more provinces and cities in former Imperial Russia, the State Publishing House developed ...
Leer más...