15th State Typography Workshop, Petrograd [St. Petersburg]
The 15th State Typography Workshop began its history as the lithographic partnership of Roman Golike and Artur Vil’borg from 1902 to 1918. It was located at 11 Zvenigorodskaia Street in Petrograd (St. Petersburg). After being nationalized shortly after the October Revolution, it became the 15th State Typogaphy. In 1922, the printer was placed in the State-controlled printing trust of Petropechat' and it was renamed in honor of Ivan Fedorov (c.1525-1583) who is often referred to as the first Russian printer. The workshop carried the Federov name until around 1934. In the decades following, the printer was also identified as the 3rd Typography Workshop.
Fuentes y citas
Steinberg, M. D. (1992). Moral communities: The culture of class relations in the Russian printing industry, 1867-1907. Berkeley: University of California Press. (p. 37, Roman Golike’s position as a non-ethnic Russian printer in St. Petersburg)
expositions.nlr.ru/ex_rare/praisebook/golike.php (history of Golike and Vil’borg printing house)
citywalls.ru (15th State Typography Workshop, Petrograd)