Kommunist Printing House, Tallinn
Kommunist Printing House (Trükikoda Kommunist in Estonian) was a state-owned entity in the Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic. It disseminated political literature and ephemera in addition to printing books. Located in the city of Tallinn, Kommunist Printing was situated at 2 Pikk Street. Prior to the Soviet Union’s incorporation of Estonia into the USSR, the printer served the Tallinn Estonian Publishing Company. The printer’s year of foundation is recorded as 1908 -- according to one Soviet-era published source. After being nationalized by the Soviets (around 1940), the printer was briefly given the name State Typography (Riigi Trükikoda). By the early 1950s, it was named Kommunist Printing House. In the mid-1980s, its facilities were taken over by Ühiselu (Community) Printing, and in 2002, Community was integrated into Reusner Publishing.
Martínez F. (2018). Remains of the soviet past in estonia: an anthropology of forgetting repair and urban traces. London: UCL Press. (p. 70, Ühiselu integration into Reusner, cited)
Jaaksoo, A. (1987). Kes on kes ja mis on mis eesti lastekirjanduses. Tallinn: Eesti Raamat.
Kahk J., & Siilivask K. (1985). History of the estonian ssr. Tallinn: Perioodika. (Frontspiece cites printer as Ühiselu, 2 Pikk)
Valt, L., et al. (1980). Tallin: kratkii entsiklopedicheskii spravochnik. Tallinn: Valgus. (p. 254, year 1908 cited for Tallinn Estonian Publishing)
Peegel, J. (1978). Eesti raamat: 1525-1975; ajalooline ülevaade. Tallinn: Valgus.
eha.ee/fondiloend/frames/fond_prop.php?id=2899 (information on Tartu Kommunist Printing House)