State Typography Workshop named for Ivan Fedorov, Leningrad
The State Typography Workshop named for Ivan Fedorov was located at 11 Zvenigorodskaia Street in Leningrad (St. Petersburg). Ivan Fedorov (c.1525-1583) is historically referred to as the first Russian printer. From 1902 to 1918, the printing workshop was owned by Roman Golike and Artur Vil’borg. After being nationalized shortly after the October Revolution, the printer became the 15th State Typogaphy. In 1922, the workshop was assigned to the printing trust of Petropechat', and was named in honor of Fedorov.
Fuentes y citas
Steinberg, M. D. (1992). Moral communities: The culture of class relations in the Russian printing industry, 1867-1907. Berkeley: University of California Press. (p. 37, Roman Golike’s position as a non-ethnic Russian printer in St. Petersburg)
expositions.nlr.ru/ex_rare/praisebook/golike.php (history of Golike and Vil’borg printing house)