[Texto en la parte superior] ¡Adelante con la colectivización del campo, con la erradicación de los kulaks! ¡Como clase social! [Texto en la parte inferior] Es un conductor de tractores de la escuela militar y no carece de nada para ser topógrafo: el joven miembro del Ejército Rojo elimina límites y vallados. [Traducción parcial]

Número de Cartel: PP 423
Información sobre el cartel: Verses on this poster are by the Soviet poet and satirist Dem'ian Bedny (Yefim Pridvorov)
Tamaño: 32x24
Tipo de cartel: Lithograph and Offset
Fecha de publicación: c.1930
Información técnica: Produced by O.Kh.R: 2nd Association of Painters Union; Publication 23
Información en el catálogo: PP 423 Agriculture b
Artista: OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) — ОХР (Объединение художников — реалистов)

OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) was founded in 1927 by a group of disgruntled artists that resigned from the Association of Artists of the Revolution (AKhR). The formation of the breakaway group was spearheaded by artists Nikolai Kasatkin, Sergei Maliutin, and others. OKhR maintained clubs in Moscow (at 23 Bolshoi Amitrovka Street) and in Leningrad (at 26 25th October Avenue). Its members tried to expand the Association throughout the Soviet Union but their efforts never materialized due to the government's consolidation of independent guilds and unions in 1930.

Leer más...
Imprenta: Mospoligraf (Moscow Polygraphic) 15th Lithography Workshop, Moscow (formerly Mashistov) — 15-я Литография «Мосполиграф», Москва (бывш. Машистова)

The Mospoligraf 15th Lithography Workshop was located at 23 Bol'shaia Sadovaia Street in Moscow. Its history begins with Ivan Mikhailovich Mashistov (1851-1914) the founder and managing director of Mashistov Typolithography. His firm printed magazines, historical books, and during the First World War, it printed and published patriotic posters. Under the Soviets, Mashistov Lithography became the 15th Lithographic Workshop and, it was also known as the MGSNKh (Moscow City Council of National Economy) Typo-lithography Workshop. In 1922 the Soviet Union consolidated the nation’s largest and best printing operations into state-owned trusts. The Mospoligraf Trust consolidated the Moscow printing industry and it was the second-largest Moscow printing trust outside of Mospechat’. Both trusts secured a myriad of local printing houses. The 15th Lithography Workshop was managed by Mospoligraf.

Leer más...
Editorial: OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) — ОХР (Объединение художников — реалистов)

OKhR (Association of Realist Artists) was founded in 1927 by a group of disgruntled artists that resigned from the Association of Artists of the Revolution (AKhR). OKhR maintained clubs in Moscow (at 23 Bolshoi Amitrovka Street) and in Leningrad (at 26 25th October Avenue). Its members tried to expand the Association throughout the Soviet Union but their efforts never materialized due to the government's consolidation of independent guilds and unions in 1930. As an aside, the publishing house of OKhR (that distributed art albums, catalogs, postcards and posters) closed in 1931.

Leer más...